Tuesday 19 October 2010

Colours

Right, I'll try and write this so it makes some sense. I was watching a programme last night about how our sense can be deceived by the way something is shown, coloured, sounding etc. It reminded me that I've always wondered the following:
How do you know that the colour you see is the same as the colour I see?

What you know as red, might be what I know as blue, and vice versa. Does that make sense? It probably doesn't as I can't explain what I mean very well. We all know colours by certain names but as indivduals the certain names might relate to different colours. Is that any clearer? No? OK.

Who can I email to ask about this?

3 comments:

  1. I've actually always thought about that too. My walls are white, and everyone would say they were white, but how do I know others don't see them as what I would call blue? It freaks me out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one David! It hurts if I think about it.

    ReplyDelete